Because talent is found beyond borders, SGT implemented a program to hire workers from all over the world. This is a great opportunity for drivers to come live in Canada and start a new life.
Get acquainted with the job requirements and the different steps to follow in order to get your permanent residency and to come work on Canadian and American roads.
Class 1 Driver for United States trips
We are looking for heavy-duty vehicle drivers with experience in order to give them the opportunity to come work in Canada.
These long haul truck drivers are primarily sought for the international division positions, which include trips on the American East Coast and in the Midwest.
Once recruited, we will guide you through the Canada work permit process, according to the current immigration regulations.I’M INTERESTED! I WANT TO APPLY AT SGT!
How to work in Canada?
To be considered for a position at SGT, you need to satisfy all the following requirements :
- Be able to understand and to express yourself clearly in English (intermediate) for drivers who travel to the United States.
- Have 5 years experience (recent and continuous) on semi-trailer trucks.
- Have at least a 2 years experience in international transportation, an important asset.
- Be able to guarantee a financial autonomy in Canada for at least 6 months while waiting for your visas and permits.
- Commit to applying for permanent residency no later than one year after starting employment in Canada.
Here is a summary of the main steps before starting on the job :
First of all, follow these steps if you wish to work for SGT on Canadian soil. Our agents will be able to guide you through the process.
- Job application review, interview and eligibility assessment for permanent residence.
- Labour Market Impact Assessment request from the employer (LMIA).
- Work permit request by the employee.
- B1 Visa request from the employee (Drivers who will cross the United States).
- Upgrade training in school.
- Pass one or two driving licences, depending on the nationality of the original licence.
- Evaluation, integration and training in house.