Are you interested in the transportation industry?
The transportation industry is a dynamic and constantly changing environment. But don’t be fooled, it is not only for drivers. At SGT we offer a variety of rewarding careers within our team.
- Customer service
- Operations and dispatch
- Human resources
- And also, many Class 1 driver positions
Do you like to be in the middle of the action? Are you versatile and do you enjoy new challenges? If so, you are the candidate our recruiting agents are looking for!
Get to know more about the available jobs at SGT and start a career that will take you further.
Whether it is for the Greater Montreal area or Central Quebec, our local division has an important truck fleet as well as experienced drivers. Working in the local division also provides the opportunity to work from Monday to Friday, and to be home every night.
Our interprovincial driving team covers: Quebec, Ontario, and the Maritimes. Would you like to discover our country’s roads and take off for a few days aboard your truck? Then, this is the division for you!
This division covers all of the United States. Among others, we serve the American East Coast and the Midwest from numerous terminals. Would you like to discover the American states? Would you like to take off on the road for short or long distances and live the truck driver’s dream? If so, choose the international division.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT SGT
Class 1 driver
- Closed trailer (Dry box)
- Flatbed trailer
- Container carrier
- Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, (Quebec)
- Saint-Nicolas, (Quebec)
- Montréal, (Quebec)
- Trois-Rivières, (Quebec)
- Sherbrooke, (Quebec)
- Calgary, (Alberta)
- International division
= average rate of 0,53$/mile;
- USA East Coast division
= average rate of 0,57$/mile;
- Flat Bed division
= average rate of 0,65$/mile;
- A minimum of 400 miles/day paid
- Waiting time is paid
- Drop, pick up and switches are paid
Several Jobs are Available in the Following Divisions :
- North East Coast of the Unites States;
- Great Lakes;
- Long distance (Canada-United States);
- Travel time will vary according to the candidate's division.
- Hold a valid Class 1 licence;
- Have a good driving record;
- Meet the divisional requirements;
- Pass the road test;
- Minimum of 1 year experience will be considered a serious asset.
Our Class 1 drivers are the heart of the company. They are passionate about discovering North American roads by doing the best job in the world.
At SGT, you will never be left behind. We guarantee you ongoing support and there will always be someone available to answer your questions. Whether it is for dispatch, road assistance, training or human resources, we are available for you 24/7!
SGT is not limited to one territory and one schedule. Choose the lifestyle that will work best for you and your loved ones. Live the truck drivers’ dream and devour the American roads all the way to Mexico in our international division. Would you prefer to stay in Canada? Our interprovincial division will allow you to travel between Quebec, Ontario and the Maritimes. Would you like to be home every night? Then our local division will suit you.
NEW REVISION OF THE RATE PER MILE
As an SGT Class 1 driver, you will have to :
- Drive a truck with a trailer;
- Complete handling tasks;
- Work according to current standards.
Many more benefits
Beigng a SGT driver also means :
- Group insurance;
- 200$ of clothing per year;
- 200$ cash advance/week;
- FAST card paid;
- EZ PASS & PREPASS transponders installed in the trucks;
- Bonus for experienced drivers up to 7000$
Rates clerk based in Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, (Québec),
- Be bilingual
- Have negotiation skills
- Have skills in customer service
- Be able to manage multiple files at once
- Be quick in performing tasks
- Demonstrate thoroughness and precision
- Office Suite knowledge
- College Diploma - an asset
- Training in customer service, accounting or transportation logistics (an asset)
- 1-2 years of experience
As an rates clerk, you will have to :
- Respond to customer submission requests by analyzing their needs and negotiating rates when needed
- Write rate agreements with new customers
- Daily, establish the rates of deliveries when they are not covered by agreements already established with customers
- Work as a team with Rate clerks and Sales representative
- Perform other related duties
Operation manager based in Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, (Québec),
- We are looking for a leader that can manage, coordinate and maximize the operational activities of his assigned division.
- Experience as a Class 1 professional driverwill be considered as a serious asset;
- Experience in personnel management, or in a similar position;
- Bilingualism, fluency in English, both oral and written;
- Mastery of computer software;
- Knowledge of North American geography;
- Ease of learning;
- Rigor, initiative, sense of organization, ability to make decisions;
- Motivation, dynamism and good team spirit;
- Availability and flexibility.
As an operation manager, you will have to :
- Manage the staff of your department (drivers and dispatchers) by performing the following tasks :
- Validate drivers' road and logbook discrepancies;
- Conduct performance evaluations in accordance with established standards;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of markets;
- Develop performance measures;
- Conduct efficiency analyzes and improve methods.
Dispatcher - US Coordinator located in Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, (Quebec)
- The coordinator supports and ensures a follow-up on drivers' routes. They are the first contact for their team's drivers and make sure to answer all of their questions in a timely manner.
- Available for a 7 days on/7 days off schedule;
- Previous experience as a professional Class 1 driver is considered a serious asset;
- Bilingual, spoken and written English proficiency required;
- Mastery of computer softwares;
- Previous experience as a dispatcher is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the North American geography;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Disciplined, initiative, organized with the ability to work under pressure;
- Motivated, dynamic team player.
As a dispatcher, you will have to :
- Assist drivers in road planning, respecting delivery delays, and for any other questions that are work related;
- Take care of customs documents and ensure monitoring of customs clearance;
- Update information on the computer system;
- Plan drivers departure according to the company's policies;
- Ensure that drivers' papers are filled out properly and received on time;
- Do follow-ups with the mechanical dispatch in different garages.
Electromechanical Technician located in Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, (Quebec)
- Under the foreman's supervision, the person is responsible for verifying and fixing vehicles with electrical problems.
- Work every second weekend;
- 7 am to 6 pm schedule;
- 40h/week (with potential overtime);
- College degree (DEP) in electromechanical or DEP in vehicle mechanic – with a specialty in electronical and/or relevant experience;
- Knowledge of the truck motor diagnostic software and the ABS braking software;
- Resourceful with the ability to learn quickly and in good physical shape;
- Bilingual required.
As an Electromechanical Technician you will have to :
- Carry out repairs on the following facilities :
- Cabin heater, heater and cooling systems;
- Mains cut-off systems;
- Electronic systems;
- Engine transmission computer and ABS brakes systems ;
- Starting systems (alternator, starter, relays, battery);
- Programming (coding).
- Record working hours and complete work orders;
- Work closely with the IT department for satellite activations.
Trailer Mechanic located in Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, (Quebec)
- The Mechanic is responsible for verifying/performing preventive maintenance and fixing trailers.
- Previous experience as a mechanic or ASP in trailer mechanics;
- Initiative, dynamic team player;
- Certification in the SAAQ Preventive Maintenance Program is considered a serious asset.
As a trailer mechanic, you will have to :
- Diagnose and work on the following repairs :
- Electrical systems;
- Multi-axle boogies;
- Other related duties.
Heavy-Duty Vehicle Mechanic located in Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, (Quebec)
- Under the foreman's supervision, the selected candidate will perform preventive maintenance and repairs of heavy-duty vehicles.
- Training as a car or heavy-duty vehicle mechanic or relevant experience;
- Certification in the SAAQ Preventive Maintenance Program is considered a serious asset;
- Initiative, dynamic, determined team player.
As a Heavy-Duty Vehicle Mechanic you will have to :
- Diagnose and work on the following repairs :
- Pneumatic systems;
- Hydraulic systems;
- Electrical systems.
- Other related duties.
Garage Supervisor located in Saint-Germain-de-Grantham, (Quebec)
- The successful candidate will supervise garages, heavy-duty vehicles fleet and maintenance employees.
- 3-5 years experience in management;
- Mechanical knowledge;
- Computer knowledge;
- Leadership, resourcefulness with a sense of responsibility.
As a Fleet Supervisor - Garage division, you will have to :
- Manage employees in charge of vehicle repairs;
- Manage employees in charge of vehicle maintenance;
- Work closely with managers.